WBT SYSTEMS LIMITED
Effective May 25 2018
1. Scope of this Policy
In order to engage visitors and leads we have a legitimate interest to collect relevant data and send messages based on this information. We consider your privacy and data protection rights when we pursue our legitimate interests and ensure that the way our offerings work don't impact on those rights.
- visitors and subscribers of the websites of WBT Systems;
- natural persons contacting us through the contact or other forms available on the websites;
- subscribers to our newsletter(s);
- users signing in to use our services;
- users signing in to download available documents;
- users signing in to attend and/or watch webinars;
This policy includes a description of your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing activities we carry out.
2. Contacting Us
If you have general questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Collection of Information
As part of the operation of this website, WBT Systems receives and stores information about you such as:
a) Personal Information
Users are required to provide part or all of the following information below, depending on the content or services they wish to access:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company name, size, industry, state and country
- Job title
- Phone number
b) Non-personal information
We automatically track and collect certain non-personal information such as Website navigation data, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, timestamps and URLs. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interest, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on our Website, we may store such information on our servers.
4. Use of Information
We use your information to provide, analyse, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration and to communicate with you on these and other topics.
- We use your e-mail in order to send you newsletters and promotions in conjunction with your use of our Services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter e-mail.
- We use Website navigation data to operate and improve the Website.
- We collect the IP Addresses to track when you use our Website. We use IP Addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Website and sign-up to use our services. Your IP-address is also registered for statistical purposes and to better our advertising and layout of the Website.
- We do not share your personal information with third parties.
5. Protection of Information
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorised access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
WBT Systems does its utmost to secure communications and data storage in order to protect confidentiality of your Information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your Information.
6. Storage of Information
We save your Information in our database in order to improve our Website and user experience. If you wish that your Personal Information be permanently deleted from our database, please notify us at email@example.com.
7. Information and Rights
Once you have provided your Personal Data, you have several rights, which you can in principle exercise free of charge, subject to statutory exceptions. These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. To exercise any of your rights, you can file a request here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority where you live or where you believe a breach may have occurred. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but, to the extent that this right applies to you, you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant Supervisory Authority.
a) Right to withdraw consent
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will be able to withdraw that consent at any time you choose and at your own initiative by logging into your account on our website (if you have one) or by contacting us at email@example.com. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the collection and processing of your data based on your consent up until the moment where you withdraw your consent.
b) Right to access and rectify your data
c) Right to erasure
d) Right to restriction of processing
Under certain circumstances, you may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. This is for example the case when you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data. In such event, we will restrict the processing until we can verify the accuracy of your data. Should you wish to have your Personal Data restricted, please file a request here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
e) Right to object to processing
Under certain circumstances you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, including where your Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply click the unsubscribe link in any of our emails.
f) Right to data portability
Where you have provided your data directly to us and where the processing is carried out by automated means and based on your consent or the performance of a contract between you and us, you have the right to receive the Personal Data processed about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and request portability of your Personal Data.
8. Other websites
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16.
In the event we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, steps will be taken promptly to remove that information. If you believe that we have or may have information from or about a child under 16 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
i) Data Retention
j) Applicable Law
Cookies on our web site
This site, like many other sites, uses small files called cookies to help customize your user experience. Find out more about cookies and how you can control them.
Quick description of cookies
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari) or by a mobile phone (e.g. Android or iPhone) on your computer or mobile device. They allow websites to store such things as user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a “memory” for the website, enabling it to recognize a user and respond appropriately.
Cookies and their use
There are different types of cookies based on their use:
- Some cookies we use to remember your preferences for tools found on our web sites, so you don’t have to reenter them each time you switch a page or each time you visit. They will remember your user login (email address you enter when you submit a form on this site) for a period of 90 days, and other things such as the documents you downloaded.
- Some are created and used by web analytics software (such as Google Analytics) to track how many individual unique users we have, and how often they visit the site. Unless you are signed in to the site, these cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
- Some cookies are used by geo-targeting software which tries to identify what country you are in based on the information supplied by your browser when it requests a web page. This cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help target content – such as whether you see our US or another home page.
- When you register with us, we generate cookies that signal whether you are signed in or not. We use these cookies to determine which account you are signed in with, and if you should get access to a service.
- On some of our pages, third parties may also set their own anonymous cookies, for the purposes of tracking the use of their application, or tailoring the application for you. Because of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us. As an example, when you share an article using a social media sharing button on our sites, the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this.
Turning off cookies
Most browsers and phones have a way to stop accepting classes of cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website.
Help in turning off cookies can be found in your browser or mobile phone help files or at this web site.
If you are concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers from Europe, you can turn some of these off by going to the Your Online Choices site.
If you still have questions, please contact us.