This video is a recording of the webinar: "Using Digital Credentials to Close the Skills Gap"
Today’s workforce is caught in a relentless skills gap that grows wider each year. Employers are desperate to find qualified talent among candidates who lack sufficient technical know-how and business competence to drive organizations forward. And educational institutions continue their struggle to equip students for the future of work.
How can associations help turn the tide?
The most effective solutions may emerge from lifelong learning initiatives based on micro-credentials. But first, association leaders and learning professionals must know how to translate the promise of digital badges into practical strategies that engage members in relevant and meaningful ways.
Join Talented Learning CEO and Lead Analyst, John Leh, and WBT Systems CTO, Linda Bowers, as they explore six digital badge fundamentals.
· How to distinguish between traditional credentials, digital badges and open badges
· Why open badges are rapidly gaining momentum in education
· How associations can benefit from offering digital badges
· Key elements of a viable badge-based learning strategy
· What kind of technology infrastructure is needed to support open badges
· How some associations are already succeeding with digital badge programs
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS:
John Leh is CEO and Lead Analyst at Talented Learning. A fiercely independent LMS selection consultant and blogger, John helps organizations develop technology strategies that support learning initiatives – primarily for the extended enterprise.
Linda Bowers is CTO of WBT Systems, an association LMS provider, where she is responsible for all technical aspects of product planning, development, testing and delivery. She excels at solving clients’ exact business and education challenges and managing complex implementation projects for the company’s largest clients.